March 20, 2012

Still got it


With a little down time, I decided to make a quick trip to the driving range with my grandma. I wasn't expecting much, since it has been almost three years since I hit a golf ball, but I pulled out my sand wedge anyway to warm up and made contact. Not the off the toe 45 degree angle sort off contact, or the wormburner top-of-the-ball sort, or even a harsh hook, but good clean contact. So I hit another one. And another. I started progressing up through the clubs from a six iron to a five wood(which I actually hit clean!!) and finally to the driver. The driver is my favorite, since, you know, you can hit the S*&! out of the ball and not look like a goob. I took a good swipe and it went straight for 220 yards! Getting those shots onto the course would be a whole other story, but I would say not bad for a once a year golfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment