March 28, 2012

Really?!!!!?


I don't get it. Are we born with a set of dice and every day we roll them to see if we get hurt or not? Do some people have cheater die that never get unlucky and other's have a pair that always get snake-eyes? It sure seems that way. After making it through the road trip with not as much as sore skin and a few scratches, my friend Hannah dislocates and breaks her ankle at the climbing gym.
After getting a text that she was in the hospital, I rushed down and had the chance to see the other side of the injury lens. I'm not so sure which side I dislike more. Knowing that you are being drugged and that you have a long road of recovery and drowsiness ahead of you, but trying to stay strong and keep your spirits up, or watching someone else smiling through a grimace. Either way, I was glad that when everything was said and done, she got hurt close to home and not in the middle of the woods.

Recovery is going to be a pain, along with crutches for six weeks, but I already have a plan: archery, kayaking and canoeing. On the bright side, by the time her EMT test is over she will be back up and at em'!

No comments:

Post a Comment