March 28, 2012

Brr


So much for the eighty something heat. The temps plummeted today, shortening the climbing aspect but definitely not detracting from the fun too much. The day started like all the rest - we would come to a climb, Hannah would flash it (do it on the first try) and I would struggle and scrape my knees against the rock a few hundred times. After I had enough of eating the rock, we would move onto the next route.


Eventually, we ended up at a slab climb, so you can guess what happened - I slipped and cheese gratered down most of the rock. Oh yeah, my hands are feeling great!

Before we could move on to more climbs, a bit of hypothermia set in, so we decided to take a break. What started off as a break, turned into three hours of Gin Rummey in our sleeping bags. At that point, it was time to pack up the bandwagon and head back to school but we decided on a resolution - maximizing camping this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment