April 16, 2012

Awesome Dinner!

Sometimes I just get the itch to cook. So this week I decided we were going to have a party. It was Passover, after all, so I had a semi excuse. Hannah, Andrew, and I threw together a plan, borrowed pans from the dining hall and got cooking. Hannah made a mean flourless chocolate cake while I made brisket, kugel, soup, tzimses, and salad. Andrew, since he was around DJ'd and got the sharp end of the stick - chopping the haroset and slicing the brisket. This brisket recipe has been in my family a long time, but I don't think it ever came out so good. Sorry dad, but Andrew cuts thinner slices!
With three bottles of wine and thirteen friends packed around a table, dinner came out a blast, and now it looks like I might be eating brisket sandwiches for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment